Friday, April 3, 2009

My Beau


I will be the first to admit, I am partial to the black n tan mini dachshunds. They have such a look to them. On December 22 Tootsie gave birth to three black n tans. 2 males and 1 female. We have sold all but one male. His name is Beau. I am a firm believer that there are reason why things happen. Well I could not figure out why no one wanted this little man. He has become my sweetheart. This week we realized that he had found his forever home. Ours. While lying in my lap I noticed that Beau was breathing harder. I picked him up and it was like he would grunt. After a couple of days of hearing I felt something was wrong with him, Ben said take him to the dr. I dropped him off at the vet and it was not long before I received a call from the vet. Beau has a congenital birth defect inwhich there is not a "wall" keeping his liver, intestines from going around his heart. Dr Andrew said that this was the first case in which he had seen this in a puppy this young normally this is something you find in 5 yr old dogs. After a 10 min phone call, I called Ben and said that Beau has found a home, ours. We both agreed that we could not let him leave our home. After a long meeting with the vet in his office looking over xrays, blood work, we have decided that we are going to let him be right now. Let him grow and at the age of 6 months go back and retest again. This will be a continual process in his life. The vet says that right now he is ok and there is no need of surgery this young. So right now we are loving him and spoiling him. and we have a Beau. The reason I am putting this in my blog is to let you know that we really do care about our puppies. A normal breeder would probably made the decision to have him put to sleep. Not us we believe that is the last resort. So when you come by and visit our kennels ask to see the king of the house Beau.

We have to be greatful that in 2 years of breeding this is our first puppy that has had any major problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment